WTEC
Home About Us Contact Us
Search.

 

Print Print Friendly

Governor's 10 Percent On the Job Training Grant

The Governor has released $1.5 million in Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Governor's Discretionary Funds for the award of competitive, merit-based contracts to provide on-the-job training.

The training is targeted at individuals receiving Unemployment Insurance (UI), those who have exhausted their unemployment benefits, and individuals who can most benefit from training. The WorkSource Standards and Integration Division of the state's Employment Security Department will be releasing 75 percent of the funds to successful applicants initially. The remaining 25 percent will be awarded to those areas that meet the negotiated performance goals established in their proposals.

The deadline has been extended to Jan. 6, 2011.

Targeted high demand industries include: aerospace, life sciences, health care, green industries and information technology.

Support Materials

For more Information:

This grant process is managed by the Washington State Employment Security Department. This information is provided on the Workforce Board website as a service to its partners.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last Modified 11/17/2017   |   Contact Webmaster   |   Privacy Statement   |   Site Map   |   Employment   |   Access Washington   |   Register to Vote